You don’t need to travel to China, or any Asian market for that matter, to enjoy fresh dumplings. Making dumplings at home is not only easy but also a fun activity to do with friends and family. A dumpling bamboo steamer is one of the most valuable utensils you can have in your kitchen when it comes to making dumplings. This article will teach you everything you need to know about dumpling bamboo steamers and how you can benefit from using them when cooking dumplings at home.
What is a Dumpling Bamboo Steamer?
A dumpling bamboo steamer is a bamboo basket used to cook dumplings and other small Asian-style steamed dishes like buns and sticky rice. Bamboo steamers are naturally anti-microbial, so they are safe to use even when no one is at home. They are also very easy to clean and will last a long time. Bamboo steamers come in different shapes and sizes. The number of dumplings that you plan to cook will determine which size you should get. The most popular size is the large bamboo steamer, which can hold up to 12 dumplings at a time.
Benefits of Using a Dumpling Bamboo Steamer
- Easy to clean - Bamboo steamers are very easy to clean. All you need to do is to soak them in water for a few minutes and then scrub them with a brush. This is especially important if you use the bamboo steamer for dumplings.
- Easy to store - Bamboo steamers are stackable, so you can easily store them anywhere in your kitchen. In addition to that, they are small and lightweight, which makes them easy to move around. Bamboo steamers are a great option for you if you have a small kitchen.
- Can be used for more than just dumplings - Although bamboo steamers were originally designed to cook dumplings, you can use them for cooking many other dishes as well. If you are looking for an easy way to prepare sticky rice, sticky buns, or Chinese buns, then bamboo steamers are the perfect choice.
- Makes dumplings healthier - Bamboo steamers help retain the moisture in the dumplings, making them healthier. They also allow steam to circulate freely, making the dumplings cook faster.
- Makes cooking dumplings easy - Using bamboo steamers when making dumplings is very easy. All you need to do is place the dumplings in the steamer, pour some water in, and then put it in a steamer. Once they are done, you can easily remove them from the steamer.
Why Use a Dumpling Bamboo Steamer?
Apart from the many benefits of using a bamboo steamer, there are many reasons to use a bamboo steamer when making dumplings. Dumplings are steamed for a long time, which makes them slightly soggy. This is why dumplings made with bamboo steamers are so delicious.
Bamboo steamers give dumplings a crispy bottom, which is not possible if you are steaming them in a pot or a pan. If you don’t have a bamboo steamer, you can still make dumplings. You will just have to use a pot or a pan instead. The results will be different, though. If you are making dumplings for the first time, you should definitely use a bamboo steamer for best results.
How to Choose a Dumpling Bamboo Steamer?
You should consider several factors before you buy a bamboo steamer.
Type - There are two types of bamboo steamers: vertical and horizontal. There is no difference in the way they function, but depending on the type you choose, you will have a different amount of space in your kitchen. Vertical bamboo steamers are sturdier and better if you make dumplings for a large group of people. On the other hand, horizontal bamboo steamers are easier to store, making them ideal if you don’t have a lot of space in your kitchen.
Size - The size of the bamboo steamer will largely depend on how many dumplings you want to make at once. The most popular size is the large bamboo steamer, which can hold up to 12 dumplings. If you are making dumplings for 2 or 3 people, you can choose a smaller size. The smaller bamboo steamers are also great for cooking other steamed dishes for 2 or 3 people.
Price - Bamboo steamers are not very expensive. You can easily find a decent bamboo steamer for less than $20.
How to Use a Dumpling Bamboo Steamer
Making dumplings with a bamboo steamer is easy. If you are new to making dumplings, you can use this guide to help you make the perfect dumplings.
- Rinse the bamboo steamer - Make sure to thoroughly wash the bamboo steamer before using it for the first time. You can also put it in the dishwasher. - Put dumplings in bamboo steamer - Add the dumplings in the bamboo steamer. The bamboo steamer will usually come with a typical amount you should put in it. You can also use the rule of 1 inch of dumpling per person.
- Add water - Then add water. The amount of water you add will depend on how moist or dry you want your dumplings to be. You can also use chicken broth instead of water. - Place bamboo steamer in the steamer
- Place the bamboo steamer in a steamer that is large enough to hold both the bamboo steamer and water.
- Cover bamboo steamer - Cover the bamboo steamer with a lid or a piece of parchment paper. Make sure that there is enough room between the water and the lid or parchment paper so that the water doesn’t touch them.
- Steam dumplings - Steam the dumplings for around 12 minutes. The time will depend on what kind of bamboo steamer you use and the amount of water in it.
- Remove steamer from the steamer - After the dumplings are done, remove the bamboo steamer from the steamer and serve the dumplings.
Where Can You Buy a Dumpling Bamboo Steamer?
You can buy bamboo steamers in many stores, including Asian markets, specialty stores, and kitchen supply stores. If you want to buy bamboo steamers online, then you can do so on Amazon
You should buy a bamboo steamer that is easy to clean and store. Once you make your first batch of dumplings, you won’t regret buying this wonderful kitchen appliance.
Bamboo steamers are an excellent way to make dumplings at home. They also retain the moisture in the dumplings, which makes them healthier than other types of steamed foods. Bamboo steamers are easy to use and will last for a long time. It’s a tool that every cook should have in your kitchen.